We are looking for a full-time, hardworking, self-motivated individual to join our Administrative/Finance Team as an Accounts Payable/Cash Application Specialist. This role involves providing financial, administrative, and clerical support to Donnellon McCarthy Enterprises. Their role is to enter invoices so that Accounts Payable can cut checks and make payments where they are needed. Their role will also include processing checks and payments as they are received and then applying them to the correct invoices. An understanding and background in finance or accounting are a plus but not required. This person must be highly motivated, hardworking, and willing to learn as we grow as a company.
As Accounts Payable you would be responsible for processing and entering invoices as they arrive. You will be working with someone else in Accounts Payable to ensure that everything that needs to get done is and that everything is being paid in a timely manner. As Cash Application, you will be receiving and entering checks and payments from customers and applying them to the correct invoices and accounts. You would be working with Accounts Receivable if there are issues with payments received and the invoices they are supposed to be applied to. There will be some cross training within the Administrative/Finance Team so that you can fill in when needed and someone would be able to assist you if needed.
· Receive and enter all invoices as they are received
· Work with Accounts Payable to ensure that everything is being paid in a timely manner
· Scan and process all checks and payments as they are received
· Apply the payments to the correct invoices and accounts – working with Accounts Receivable if there is a discrepancy
· Cross train with the other roles within the Administrative/Finance team to ensure that we can step in when needed
· Continuing to improve the payment and entry process
· Work as a team to ensure that we are all working in the most effective and efficient way possible
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred; or equivalent education and experience.
· General understanding of accounting concepts and procedures.
· 2-3 years of experience in handling complex accounts receivable duties in an accounting environment.
· Organizational and time management skills to prioritize heavy individual workload to meet time sensitive deadlines.
· Excellent communication skills; demonstrated professional, tactful problem-solving skills with personal presence to interface with corporate decision makers.
· Proficient in MS Excel required; MS Word experiences a plus.
· Polished professional, articulate, excellent writing and speaking skills
· Must have excellent proven problem-solving skills, and have the ability to self-train on all systems and processes
· Must be able to function effectively in a high paced, high demand environment
· Must be able and willing to work extended hours as the business need requires.
Donnellon McCarthy Enterprises is proud to offer its Advantage Compensation Package:
· Major Medical & Dental/Vision/Life/AD & D Insurance
· Flexible Spending Account/Health Savings Account
· 401(k) – w/Company Match
· Employee Referral Bonus Program
· State of the art technology & resources
· Holiday and paid time off schedule
· Team Environment – One Team – One Vision – One Goal