Title: LINUX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Location 1: Hines, IL (Anticipated hours: Sun – Thu, 7:30AM – 4:00 pm CT)
Location 2: Philadelphia, PA (Anticipated hours: Tue – Sat, 7:30AM – 16:00 pm CT)
- Red Hat Linux System Administration
- Experience in conducting routine administration tasks and logging data in system admin logs
- Responsible for maintaining system efficiency
- Experience in maintaining troubleshooting a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability systems
- Knowledge of several debugging protocols and processes
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and issues identified by customer and implement corrective action quickly
- Thorough knowledge to create plans to assure effective management, operations and maintenance systems and/or networks
- Work with teams of system admins and can prioritize work and identify high risk critical problems and dedicate appropriate resources
- Extensive knowledge of a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/High availability systems in Red Hat Linux
- Operating system administration & maintenance
- Patch OS on a monthly cycle using technologies to limit downtime and provide quick back out mechanism.
- Contractor will flex schedule due to operational needs (i.e. Patching machines, Configuring Virtual Machines, Troubleshooting issues, etc)
- Contractor may be working on weekends and after normally scheduled hours
- Contractor will be required to work remotely until cleared to return onsite
- Contractor will work out of scope, as operational needs dictate
- Troubleshoot incidents and problems
- Participate in troubleshooting / fault isolation teams to determine problem or issue.
- Contact vendor maintenance/support’s lines and open a case after 30 minutes of researching problems without success in resolving the issue.
- Correct OS related incidents and problems during coordinated maintenance windows or immediately in the case where system is down.