Job Title/Grade : Senior Software Developer/Principal Software Developer (8-9) [Azure Cloud Engineer]
Reports to: Director, Digital Architecture and Solutions
Department : Global Operations Management
DAI is investing in digital improvement of our business and is growing a team of experts to solve cloud architecture challenges, as well as design new products and solutions for internal and external facing clients. The Digital Architecture & Solutions team is looking for a dynamic and creative thinking Azure Cloud Engineer to work with data analysts, data scientists, business users, and other developers to accelerate our digital transformation.
Function of the Position:
The Azure Cloud Engineer will be a digital expert within DAI for our expansion of Azure services. S/he will provide technical support and direction to our deployment of a new modern data architecture, with a focus on microservices and integration with M365. They will require expertise in many data skills, including Azure Data Lake, DataBricks, and other Azure resources.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work with internal teams to understand user needs, requirements, and design options
- Collaborate with core IT staff within Agile teams to deploy and manage Azure services
- Configure and optimize data processes, from storage to ETL to warehousing
- Prepare status reports and manage a dynamic and demanding environment
- Contribute to the creation of technical documentation and training for DAI collaboration solutions
Additional responsibilities may be assigned as business needs evolve.
Grade 8: Minimum 5 years of professional work experience and a bachelor’s degree, or 3 years of professional work experience and a master’s degree.
Grade 9: Minimum 7 years of professional work experience and a bachelor’s degree, or 5 years of professional work experience and a master’s degree.
- 3 years full life cycle development experience with 2 + years’ experience developing applications and services on Azure.
- Extensive experience remediating server vulnerabilities.
- Extensive knowledge of Azure cloud infrastructure including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS services.
- Understanding of SSO configuration
- Experience with Apache Spark, Databricks, and similar big data infrastructure
- Knowledge of Azure services options and architecture options for developing new digital solutions
- Knowledge of software programming and scripting languages including PowerShell and JSON.
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Familiarity with Azure migration from on premise and hybrid cloud is a plus.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.