Job Title: Investment Data Analyst
Location: Chicago, IL
DWS Group (DWS) is one of the world’s leading asset managers with EUR 719bn of assets under management (as of June 2019). Building on more than 60 years of experience and a reputation for excellence in Germany and across Europe, DWS has come to be recognized by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
We offer professionals and institutions access to our strong investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends. Our diverse expertise in Active, Passive and Alternatives asset management – as well as our deep environmental, social and governance focus – complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients. Our expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides our strategic investment approach.
DWS wants to innovate and shape the future of investing: with staff from 35 nationalities, speaking more than 75 languages rooted in 22 countries, we are local while being one global team.
The Investment team is looking for a data analyst with financial analytic skills to bring data and predictive modeling skills to a lean, seven-professional, long-only equities investment team. The role will also include stock analysis. The team manages approximately $10 billion on behalf of mandates marketed to retail and institutional investors.
What We Offer You
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement savings plans, parental leave, and other family-friendly programs
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing market level forecasts using input from internal and external research groups to drive sector revenue growth and IRR models
- Build and maintain database and models that help determine macro drivers and financial data of companies under coverage as well as earnings/valuation models for companies within investment universe
- Assist in conducting regular research on existing holdings to ensure they continue to meet stated investment objectives
- Meet regularly with, and present recommendations/written summaries to Portfolio Managers; interact with investment management/research staff/brokers/company management/traders/outside investment analysts/etc
- Develop ability to communicate conviction levels on professional stocks held in portfolios for assigned sectors
Your Skills and Experience:
- Basic finance/accounting skills
- Strong proficiency in programming languages (SQL, C#, R, Python, etc.) and Excel (including VBA)
- Desire to be junior member of an investment team
- Willingness to work necessary hours to solve challenging problems and achieve goals
- BA or BS required work experience
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.