Why you’ll love this job
Being a member of the Business Architecture Group optimizes how products & services, business capabilities, processes, technologies, data, organizational units, policies, value streams, client experience, etc. are assembled to deliver DTCC’s business strategies. The group also influences the formulation of these business strategies by assessing the Firm’s ability to deliver them. As such, Business Architecture plays a meaningful role in reimagining future-state business across all business lines to support DTCC’s modernization initiatives, working collaboratively with Business Units, IT Architecture, Application Development, and other partners (e.g., Finance, Risk, Resiliency), as well as applying its Business Automation capabilities.
- This role will be responsible for understanding and crafting the business strategy in close collaboration with business areas. Apply analytically driven frameworks and insights to re-imagination efforts in support of DTCC’s enterprise-wide transformation program. Crafting and running business process modeling and documentation by using specialized tools to enable enterprise capability realization to deliver Business Architecture solutions. Participate in design, process & decision modeling using BPMN compliant methodologies and tools. Using critical thinking and analytical approach, work closely with subject matter specialists in understanding current-state challenges and opportunities and build long-term vision and strategic plans, as well as define future state to deliver against them, with the objective of delivering outstanding client experience, improving operational efficiency and growing resiliency.
- Apply deep understanding of the current business, industry context, regulatory context, future vision to develop an enterprise wide business architecture capabilities and roadmap
- Perform business and process re-imagination by analyzing, detailing, and crafting business strategies, capabilities, and processes, including key performance indicators (critical metrics), service level agreements (SLAs), business reports, process metrics, and process diagrams
- Utilize design thinking and collaborative approach to drive re-imagination sessions with subject matter professionals
- Play a strategic thinker role by developing a deep understanding of each business division’s strategy, business model, operating model, processes, teams, and culture
**NOTE: Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above. **
- Accountability: Demonstrates reliability by taking vital actions to continuously meet required deadlines and goals.
- Global Collaboration: Applies global perspective when working within a team by being aware of own style and ensuring all relevant parties are involved in vital team tasks and decisions.
- Communication: Articulates information clearly and presents information effectively and expertly when working with others.
- Influencing: Convinces others by making a strong case, bringing others along to their viewpoint; maintains strong, positive relationships while at the same time is comfortable challenging ideas.
- Innovation and Creativity: Thinks boldly and out of the box, generates new insights and processes, and expertly pursues challenges as new avenues of opportunity.
Talents Needed for Success
- Minimum of 3 + years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with master’s or equivalent experience
- Prior business analyst experience preferred
- Experience in banking, capital markets, or financial operations preferred
- Familiar with process improvement methodologies a plus (Lean, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with business architecture frameworks and concepts a plus
- Business Process Management certification a plus
- Desirable but not mandatory: Experience with Data Management and Master & Reference Data
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.