DEER TRAIL SCHOOL DISTRICT 26j
130 SOUTH SECOND AVENUE
DEER TRAIL, CO 80501
PHONE (303) 769-4421, FAX 303-769-4600 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hayley Whitehead, District Secretary
DATE OF POSTING: March 23, 2021
POSITION: MS/HS Spanish Teacher, ELD/ELL Teacher Endorsement or willingness to obtain at Deer Trail K – 12, Position begins August of 2021. Four (4) Day School Week.
SALARY RANGE: Licensed Staff Salary Schedule Plus School District Comprehensive Benefits Package. Full year (165 day) salary starts at $34,330, we accept up to eight additional steps for a hard to fill position, depending on experience and education with additional compensation as Title III Coordinator. Housing available.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Submit an application (available online at www.dt26j.com) along with a letter of interest, letters of recommendation and a current resume listing your qualifications and experiences for the position. Must apply online.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
– BA/BS degree in Spanish or as a ESL/ELD/ELC emphasis (must have or be willing to obtain a linguistically diverse endorsement) 24 semester hours in ELA is desirable
– Hold or be able to obtain Colorado Teachers’ Certificate/License from the Colorado Department of Education in Spanish, linguistically diverse endorsement/emphasis or be willing to obtain
– Demonstrated knowledge of Colorado standards and assessments and the ability to facilitate data driven instruction and engage students.
– Demonstrated ability to ensure student academic success/experience for middle/high school students in English as A Second Language and Spanish instruction
– Solid background in integrating the teaching of reading and writing.
– Computer and Technology skills preferred.
– Able to work as a team member in K-12 setting (Elementary/Middle & High School Language)
– Experience working with diverse populations in Spanish & English preferred.
– Training for Title III Coordinator ELD/ELL is available
*Small class sizes, great schedule for teaching and planning
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION: All positions open until filled. Must apply online.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
– Assignment starting for this position is August, 2021.
– All contracts/agreements for employment of personnel shall be subject to the approval of BOE.
– Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
– No smoking is allowed in any DT26J school buildings or facilities.
– Selected applicant must comply with the District’s Drug-Free Workplace policy.
– As required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant must verify, within 72 hours of employment, his/her legal right to be employed in the United States.
An equal opportunity affirmative action employer
In compliance with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, Colorado law and Board of Education Policy AC (Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity), Deer Trail 26J does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, religion, ancestry, need for special education services, age, marital status, genetic information, or physical characteristics in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates. Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees and members of the public. The following person has been identified as the compliance officer for the district: Superintendent, Deer Trail 26J School District: 130 South Second Avenue, Deer Trail, CO 80105, 303.769.4421, email@example.com