DEER TRAIL SCHOOL DISTRICT 26J
130 SOUTH SECOND AVENUE
DEER TRAIL, CO 80501
PHONE (303) 769 – 4421 or Email: email@example.com
Hayley Whitehead, District Secretary
DATE OF POSTING: March 23, 2021
POSITION: Secondary Math Teacher (MS/HS)– Deer Trail School District 26J
SALARY RANGE: Licensed Staff Salary Schedule Plus School District Comprehensive Benefits Package. Salary Range starting at $34,330 pending experience & education. Four (4) Day School Week. (165 day). Position is eligible for up to eight additional steps as a hard to fill position. Housing available.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Please submit an application (available online at www.dt26j.com or https://dt26j.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx along with a letter of interest and a current resume listing your qualifications and experiences for the position. Applicant must apply online.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
• Minimum B.A./B. S. in Education with Secondary Mathematics endorsement/emphasis
• Hold or be able to obtain Colorado Teachers’ Certificate/License in Secondary Mathematics Education from Colorado Department of Education.
• Demonstrated: Content knowledge of math, Math Colorado standards and assessments
• Desire to facilitate data driven instruction.
• Demonstrated ability to ensure student academic success/experience in middle/high school mathematics.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and communicate with secondary students, colleagues and community
• Computer and Technology skills preferred.
• Able to work as a team member/experience with secondary school math and secondary students preferred.
• Experience working with diverse populations. Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
• Coaching available.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION: All positions open until filled. Must apply online.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Assignment starting date for position is August of 2021 (transition support available)
All contracts/agreements for employment of personnel shall be subject to the approval of the Board of Education.
Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
No smoking is allowed in any Deer Trail School District 26J property or buildings.
Selected applicant must comply with the District’s Drug-Free Workplace policy.
As required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant must verify, within 72 hours of employment, his/her legal right to be employed in the United States.
An equal opportunity affirmative action employer
In compliance with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, Colorado law and Board of Education Policy AC (Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity), Deer Trail 26J does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, religion, ancestry, need for special education services, age, marital status, genetic information, or physical characteristics in admissions, access to treatment or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates. Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. The following person has been identified as the compliance officer for the district: Superintendent, Deer Trail 26J School District, Deer Trail, CO 80105 303.769.4421, firstname.lastname@example.org