Job Description: The Agency is seeking an experienced Personal Lines CSR. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining solid customer relationships by handling personal lines insurance coverage inquiries and concerns with speed and professionalism. The candidate will interact daily with customers, insurance carriers, and fellow employees while conducting specific service and marketing activities. The ideal candidate will have P&C insurance industry experience, strong attention to detail, and superior customer service skills. The candidate must also have excellent organizational, communication, and problem solving skills.
The candidate must:
• Answer customer calls and correspondence regarding new or existing insurance policies and service all claims.
• Work with prospects to pre-qualify and understand their needs, gather necessary data, research policy options, present options, finalize and bind new coverage, cancel old policies, and negotiate with carriers when necessary.
• Set appointments and/or client calls to review existing policies, revise liability limits, explore other coverage needs, evaluate replacement costs, round out accounts, and bind renewals.
• Confer with customers to provide detailed information about products and services, quote new business, process renewals and/or cancel accounts, take payments, and provide requested documentation.
• Actively solicit increases in coverage or rounding out accounts at every service contact.
• Resolve product or service issues by clarifying the customer’s concern, determining the cause of the issue, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the issue, expediting correction or adjustment, following up to ensure resolution.
• Maintain records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, comments, and actions taken in agency management system.
• Collaborate with team members, mentor staff, provide expertise and answer questions, and participate in formal and informal meetings as needed.
• Participate in agency marketing activities, meet with carriers, attend CE sessions and other agency functions.
• Perform administrative duties as needed such as answering phones, opening mail, and greeting visitors. Requirements: The candidate will:
• Hold the insurance license required by your state and have a minimum of two years personal lines insurance account management experience.
• Have a Bachelor’s Degree or comparable work experience.
• Demonstrate strong knowledge of insurance products and usages, rating procedures, underwriting procedures, coverages, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain, and write assigned client and prospects.
• Demonstrate strong customer focus, people orientation, and written and verbal communication skills.
• Display a positive, helpful attitude to help create a friendly environment for clients and co-workers.