C+R Research is looking for a customer service-oriented IT Specialist to provide software and network support, training and troubleshooting in a networked workstation environment. Installs, modifies, and makes repairs to hardware and software systems. Provides technical assistance and training to system users. Determines required software and hardware in conjunction with end users. Ensures that personal computers, servers and networks are functioning properly and are available for intended uses.
· Provide technical assistance and troubleshooting on desktop applications, including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office365 Suite, MS Active Directory, and custom applications. Document reported problems and problem resolution.
· Provide support to local and remote end users on software and hardware issues including mobile phones.
· Provide support to local and remote end users on cloud-based phone and video-conferencing system.
· Aide in commissioning and on-boarding of new users and hardware. Assist in maintaining and upgrading of existing users and hardware. Perform quality assurance of computer system setups and maintain quality control checklist.
· Assist in the maintenance of a virtualized, distributed Windows Server infrastructure.
· Participate in IT projects looking for long-term infrastructure enhancements, recommend new technologies such as patch management, inventory management, backups, automating manual tasks.
· Monitor and manage ticketing system.
· Assist in tracking software licensing and maintaining software and hardware inventory.
· Maintain and improve existing IT documentation.
· Keep current on new developments and techniques in information technology.
· Share knowledge and experience with C+R staff.
· Special projects as required.
· Regular attendance.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
· 2+ years related academic and/or work experience with personal computers, software applications, networking and Windows server.
· Effective interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to positively interact with a wide range of users with different levels of computer expertise.
· Proven ownership of process improvements in the IT field.
· Knowledge of local area networks, computer software and hardware, and data communications.
· Knowledge of Active Directory environment.
· Knowledge of Office365 Suite, including Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint, and Teams.
· Basic understanding of OSI Model and TCP/IP protocol stack.
· Basic knowledge of VMWare.
· Ability to work unsupervised, self-start and manage projects.
· Ability to recognize issues/problems and approach them proactively.
· Resourceful self-starter with an inquisitive mind.
· Enthusiastic, engaged, and positive attitude.
Associate degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent technical or professional experience.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements or history to email@example.com and include “IT Specialist” in the subject line.
No 3rd party applications will be considered.
C+R Research provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, C+R Research complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
C+R Research expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.