Full Job Description
Vascular Ultrasound Technician
Position Summary: This is Full Time Monday through Friday, (day) shift position. We are looking for a full time ultrasound technician for our surgery center in Fairview Park, OH. At our center we perform interventional procedures including angioplasties, thrombectomies, and other procedures for dialysis patients. Role of the ultrasound tech would be to perform vascular exams ( vein mappings, AVF/ AVGs, & other exams)and provide ultrasound guidance for procedures as needed. Must also be willing to perform other tasks such as answering phones, scheduling, and other medical duties as needed.
Performs ultrasound exams for the diagnosis and treatment of disease and injury. Support attending physicians and other clinical staff in effectively performing surgical procedures for dialysis patients. Operates ultrasound equipment to obtain diagnostic imaging . Operates and trains others to use sonographic imaging equipment during surgery and / or vascular procedures, under physician supervision. Ensures that all aspects of patient records are processed and completed properly to initiate procedure results in a timely manner. Performs other assigned duties as training and skills allow. Must be willing to cross-train to assist other staff members. Successfully communicates with our patients, physicians, and staff to meet the needs of the surgery center to maintain a calm, positive environment. Works closely with the physician and staff to ensure operational goals of the department are met.
Mandatory Qualifications (Skills):
- Successful completion of an Diagnostic Medical Sonography program
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required and or ACLS preferred
- RDMS and or RVT registered
- Surgical experience and or experience with dialysis patients preferred but not required
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic at a level normally acquired through completion of a high school education.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and continuing education support. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
** Recent NEW GRADS WELCOME TO APPLY**
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $26.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Associate (Required)
- Sonography: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Imaging: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location