Community Alliance, offering an integrated health care approach and built on an array of mental health and primary care services, is seeking a Homeless Services Specialist – Outreach. Ideal candidates will have passion for working with vulnerable populations and comfortable in collaborating with other professionals to empower clients to achieve self-defined goals.
• This position serves as a member of a team providing direct assistance to adults with mental illness who are homeless.
• Our service philosophy focuses on providing person-centered services within a recovery oriented culture. For those persons with a serious mental illness who are homeless, achievement of full participation within the community is often extremely difficult, if not impossible, without additional, targeted efforts.
• Position works to identify and engage persons who are homeless and mentally ill, and assists them in obtaining and maintaining housing, habilitation, rehabilitation, and mainstream resources.
• Bachelor’s degree in human service field or two years post high school course work in a human services field plus two years relevant experience/training of a professional nature.
• Experience (paid or volunteer) with community organizations, especially those serving adults who are homeless.
• Client-focused with basic knowledge of characteristics and needs of persons with a serious mental illness.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license and good driving record.