Good lifeguards are perceptive, confident and courageous. So are good leaders. Start your path to leadership today!
As a lifeguard, you can count on an outstanding team atmosphere and a dedication that we work together to provide the highest standards of safety and teamwork in the aquatics industry. Zoombezi Bay lifeguards enjoy a job life second to none, they work in a world-class waterpark and get to be outside all day! We are looking for team members who will take on the awesome responsibility of providing great guest service while having fun. The best part is, we train you and no prior experience is required! Our water is waiting, come join our aquatics team!
- Ensure highest levels of safety, guest service, and cleanliness standards as outlined by Columbus Zoo and Aquarium/ Zoombezi Bay and Jeff Ellis & Associates
- Maintains regular and prompt attendance
- Presents and maintains professional appearance and positive attitude at all times.
- Participates in all mandatory training programs during on-boarding process and operating season.
- Participates in safety audits (manikin, live active, or visual) within the training criteria on a regular basis.
- Provides direct emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Maintains consistent surveillance of guests in and around all aquatic attractions.
- Displays sound judgment and makes quick “on the spot” decisions to ensure the safety of all users in the aquatics area.
- Ability to respond and act calmly and effectively to emergency situations
- Addresses guest concerns or questions regarding aquatic safety policies by communicating effectively and courteously with guests to find a solution.
- Other duties as assigned by Zoombezi Bay Management
- Posted schedule may be subject to change based on operational needs such as weather condition, guest attendance and department needs.
- 16 years of age or older.
- Strong swimming skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Possess or be willing to obtain current Ellis & Associates Lifeguard Certification License and pass all certifications
- Ability to plan and complete tasks in an efficient and cost-effective manner without direct supervision
- Ability to work in varied weather conditions (i.e. extreme heat, rain, cold)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently without direct supervision
- This position is not eligible for overtime pay
- Must successfully pass a criminal history record check annually required
- Must adhere to the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium’s drug free workplace policy including but not limited to pre-employment, random, post-accident, reasonable suspicion and follow-up treatment.
- Must adhere to the Aquatics department’s wardrobe and grooming standards.