Now Hiring for Spring and Summer!
Feeding thousands of hungry guests is no easy task, but our food and beverage team members are up to the challenge. On any given day, you may find yourself preparing freshly grilled cheeseburgers at Lakeside Grill, serving Dippin’ Dots at Heart of Africa, or baking pizzas at Congo Marketplace. Our food and beverage team members work a rotation that includes a variety of positions, including cashier, cook, server, expeditor, or cart runner, providing opportunities to learn new skills while having fun and interacting with dozens of other team members and hundreds or even thousands of guests daily.
- Prepares recipes as instructed. Assembles various entrees, sandwiches, and combo meals according to prescribed recipes and presentation.
- Serves visitors courteously and efficiently and acts as a guest service ambassador for the Zoo and Zoombezi Bay.
- Transacts food and drink sales on a computerized Brink point of sale system or electronic cash register.
- Opens, closes and maintains cleanliness of food stands and equipment.
- Adheres to health/safety regulations.
- Adheres to uniform and employee policies and regulations.
- Required to complete cash handling training and pass cash handling test.
- Position may require job rotation within the Revenue Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reports directly to Team Lead and/or Section Lead.
- Posted schedule may be subject to change based on operational needs such as weather condition, guest attendance and department needs.
- 16 years of age or older.
- Able to perform physical work for extended periods of time.
- Able to stand or walk for long periods (5+ hours) without a break.
- Able to lift and move up to 10lbs. constantly, 30lbs. frequently, and 50lbs. occasionally.
- Able to balance multiple assignments successfully.
- Able to work in varied weather conditions (i.e. extreme heat, rain).
- Able to work in extreme heat environments (exceeding 110˚F) for extended periods of time.
- Able to work in extreme cold environments (to below -40˚F) for limited periods with proper protective equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to maintain courteous and helpful behavior.
- Able to maintain appropriate employee appearance.
- Able to pass ServSafe Food Handler (or similar) food safety written exam.
- This position is not eligible for overtime pay.
- Subject to Drug Free Workplace Policy.
- Subject to BMV check.
- Subject to Criminal Background check.