Job Summary: The Visitor Experience Security Supervisor provides leadership in supporting CMA policies and procedures that allow VE Associates to fulfill the dual role of maintaining safety and security while ensuring a positive visitor experience throughout the entire museum. The VE Supervisor is a leader to the VE team for day-to-day operations, and in promoting the philosophies and values of CMA. The VE Supervisor ensures the highest level of customer service and safety for CMA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Directly responsible for the physical safety and security of the museum and the people in it.
· Must be able to handle stress in an emergency or unknown situation and react calmly and appropriately according to museum policies and procedures.
· Monitor gallery and visitor desk coverage, provide break support, set and manage the daily VE Associate assignments, lead team touch base, open and close the Museum.
· Act as a liaison between the VE Associates and other departments including attending meetings as the department representative.
· Perform daily inspections of the galleries, doors, locks, public and private spaces. Promptly report and document any damage in accordance with the museum’s safety polices and protocols.
· Assist with parking lot and gate issues.
· Inspect incoming packages and deliveries to the building.
· Maintain safety of people and art in museum galleries and spaces.
· Serve as the first responder for incidents including injuries, emergency procedures, and de-escalation of upset visitors, filling out accurate and timely incident reports.
· Ensure that visitors comply with museum policies, by proactively communicating those policies in a direct, friendly and respectful manner.
· Be respectful of boundaries and personal space, thoughtfully monitor body language and facial expression, and always communicate in a respectful and professional manner.
· Manage and monitor building entrances including: monitoring all security access control systems, alarms, doors, keys, badges and receiving deliveries.
· Ensures all staff, visitors and vendors are registered properly before entering secure areas of the property.
· Manage sales including admission, membership purchase/renewal/upgrade, and program registration.
· Must have supervisory experience and customer service (preferably in-person service) experience.
· Ability to assert oneself to enforce policies; can manage crowds and lines in a professional manner.
· Experience in one or more of the following areas is a plus: educational/teaching, security, or visitor/customer service.
· Highly responsible, reliable, proactive, trustworthy, self-motivated and detail oriented.
· Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work weekends, evenings and occasional holidays
· Is a leader, is comfortable making decisions and upholding procedures; able to identify issues and find solutions
Work Environment: Expect a cooperative, team-focused environment working directly with visitors of all ages and backgrounds. All work is focused on providing a positive visitor experience.
Columbus Museum of Art is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.