At Columbus City Schools, we strive to make sure each student is highly-educated, prepared for leadership and service, and empowered for success as a citizen in a global community – but we can’t do it without you!
As an award-winning school district in the award-winning city of Columbus, Ohio, we are proud of the work our more than 10,000 employees (including teachers, coaches, and administrators) do every day to change the lives of our students. With more than 51,000 students located in over 100 different schools around the city of Columbus, we know there’s a position that’s right for you.
RISE UP and apply to our exciting and impactful position detailed below!
Benefits and Compensation
Salary: We offer competitive salaries for our employees.
Benefits: Columbus City Schools is proud to offer competitive, affordable, and holistic benefits to our certificated employees. We offer strong medical and dental benefits, along with free vision. CCS employees also have access to an Employee Assistance Program, free life insurance starting at $50,000, and even pet insurance!
Works cooperatively with staff members to develop and implement effective educational programs and to deliver appropriate services to students.
The teacher, within the area of his/her professional expertise, will instruct students using methods that are consistent with the program(s) of studies adopted by the Board of Education.
· Implements programs of study
· Fosters a classroom climate conducive to learning
· Utilizes instructional management systems models that increase student learning
· Monitors student progress toward mastery of instructional goals and objectives
· Communicates effectively within the educational community and with parents on a regular basis · Meets professional responsibilities
· Demonstrates competency in the knowledge and implementation of technology standards
· Provides curricula required by the City School district
· Bases instruction on adopted curricula for the school
· Demonstrates accurate and current knowledge in subject field
· Employs a variety of instructional strategies to augment achievement
· Uses content scope and sequence in planning
· Provides an atmosphere conducive to learning consistent with the school mission
· Follows established discipline procedures
· Establishes procedures and rules that enhance learning
· Encourages students’ attendance
· Sets high positive expectations for student performance
· Encourages and acknowledges individual student accomplishments and appropriate behavior
· Creates and maintains an environment that supports learning and accommodates individual learning differences
· Communicates with parents and provides feedback on student work
· Organizes teaching strategies to maximize allocated instructional time to increase student learning
· Prepares and implements lesson plans to teach instructional objectives
· Follows grading policies and regulations and maintains accurate and complete students records · Follows confidentiality procedures regarding students, parents/guardians, and fellow staff members
· Adheres to established laws, policies, rules, and regulations
· Performs assigned duties and is punctual with reports, grades, records and reporting to work This list is representative of a teacher’s duties/responsibilities and may not contain all requirements
SCHOOL YEAR: 195 days
Valid Ohio teaching certificate or license
Valid Degree in Nursing, Social Work, School Psychology, or other relevant degree.
Proper endorsements as required
Columbus City Schools (CCS) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against individuals regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, ancestry, familial status, military status or disability in its educational programs, activities, and employment policies. CCS fully supports the hiring and employment of individuals with physical or mental disabilities who meet the job qualifications, so long as the individuals are able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.