Title/Position: Sport Operations Internship (REMOTE INTERNSHIP)
Overview: College Coaches Showcase Camp has been running amateur sporting camps and showcases for over 15 years. Currently, College Coaches Showcase Camp hosts events in the sports of Baseball, Softball, Football, Volleyball, Men’s and Women’s Soccer.
Job Description: The Operations Intern will assist the sport director of a specific sport. Throughout the year, we host camps and showcases across all our sports, this position will work closes with supervisors, ownership, and other sport directors in planning, marketing, and executing those events. The specific responsibilities and duties that this position might include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Project Management – This is the largest portion of the job and will encompass a major part of the time spent
- a. Assist in oversight of Project Management Files
- b. Assist in booking of camp and showcase locations
- c. Assist in Hiring of Coaches
- i. Hire Coaches for each event per standard hiring procedures
- ii. Collect needed data to finalize hires (emails, cell phone, etc.)
- d. Assist in Organizing and Communicate Travel Needs
- i. Will document travel needs regarding flights, hotels, rental cars, for each event per needs of coaches.
- e. Assist in Website Management and Oversight
- i. Work with Ryzer to ensure websites get designed after events originate
- ii. Ensure language is correct and accurate
- iii. Oversight of school logos on event websites
- f. Assist in Financial Tracking of Each Event
- i. Input of expenses into Project Management files
- ii. Input of revenue into Project Management files
- g. Assist in Pre-Event Communication with Facility Host
- i. Per schedule, communicate with facility hosts to ensure they are aware of equipment needs and other details
- h. Assist Pre-Event Communication with Coaches
- i. Per schedule, communicate with coaches to ensure they are aware of details
- i. Assist in Pre-Event Communication with Athletes
- i. Per schedule, email attending athletes updated information about the event to ensure they are aware of details
- j. Assist in Post Event Updates to Project Management Files
- i. Finalizing Project Management files in regards to hotel expense, food expense, and any other coaching changes.
- k. Assist in Post-Event Closing
- i. In conjunction with Ryzer, make sure all refunds and credits have been issued
- ii. Manage post event reports.
- Assist in Event Oversight
- i. This position will travel to events to manage operations, set up and programming.
- Assist with Other Duties
- i. Work with supervisor/ownership to discuss other potential duties that may arise.
Job Requirements: This is a remote location position, meaning you will be working from home. Equipment needed for this position will be laptop and cell phone. Standard workdays will run Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm EST. Your schedule will be dependent on availability during those hours on a weekly basis.
Credit: This is a For-Credit position. We are looking for students who have an interest in sport business and are looking for an internship that is for credit.
Contact: Please send resume’s and contact information to Tyler@CCSCAthletics.com.