Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL) is a world-renowned research and educational institution with programs in cancer, neuroscience, plant biology, genomics and bioinformatics. The Laboratory is recognized internationally for its excellence in research and educational activities. We are currently seeking a recruiting professional for an immediate opening in our Human Resources department.
Responsibilities will include the following:
– Screening, interviewing and referring candidates for active positions.
– Reviewing requisitions for accuracy.
– Preparing job descriptions for posting.
– Developing and implementing sourcing strategies for scientific and well as non-scientific positions via the Internet, social networking, college recruiting, newspaper and periodical advertising, job fairs, employee referrals, professional organizations as well as community and non-profit groups.
– Tracking and updating candidates through the recruitment and selection process and ensuring data integrity.
– Extending offers, creating offer letters, scheduling start dates.
– Conducting reference and background checks.
– Conducting on-boarding orientation for all seasonal, temporary staff and volunteers.
– Developing and maintaining strong relationships with hiring managers and administrators.
– Keeping abreast of recruitment trends and techniques.
– Create informational training videos about recruitment related topics for administrative staff.
– Assist with managing the social media accounts
Position Requirements- The ideal candidate will have a BS degree in communications, life sciences, human resources or a related area.
– Experience with the full recruitment life cycle is preferred.
– Extensive oral/written communications, organizational, interpersonal, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
– Strong analytical ability.
– Intermediate knowledge of MS office Suite.
– Experience with an applicant tracking system is preferred.
– A high degree of discretion and independent judgment.
– Ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow in a fast paced, high volume environment.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
If interested, please apply for this position via the CSHL Careers site at https://cshl.peopleadmin.com/postings/18111
Position Number: 01580-A
For more information about CSHL, please visit us at www.cshl.edu
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. VEVRAA Federal Contractor