Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL) has a stated mission to translate world class basic research to benefit humanity and bring value to the institution. The Business Development and Technology Transfer office at CSHL is responsible for the management of all CSHL commercial relationships involving faculty members and companies. Our role is to work with the scientific staff to secure commercial agreements, through startups, licensing to existing companies, negotiating and managing sponsored research.
We are seeking a Project Manager, Drug Discovery Projects, to play a crucial role in fulfilling this mission.
The Project Manager will serve as a point-person in relationships with companies that are collaborating with CSHL on drug discovery projects, including biologic, small molecule, and nucleic acid therapeutics.
– Acting as a liaison between senior faculty and their labs at CSHL and our industry collaborators to ensure that all CSHL responsibilities are met such as: establishing and running project team meetings, reporting outcomes, managing data transfer, material transfer, invoicing and reporting obligations.
– Creating timelines and milestones; developing budgets; supporting technology transfer & IP management and contract maintenance and amendment.
– Operating as the point person for alliance management defined in sponsored research agreements. Coordination among various groups at CSHL and communication with company to ensure successful project outcomes.
– Participating in technology scouting in CSHL, through routine faculty interactions and meetings.
EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences (PhD preferred).
– Excellent understanding of drug discovery processes. Experience preferred in oversight or participation in therapeutic antibody, small molecule or nucleic acid discovery.
– 2-4 years of project management experience. Capable of anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders within multiple technical projects.
– Able to work effectively in an environment notable for high level life science research, applied in multiple translatable opportunities. Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles.
– Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with agreed contracts and organizational goals. Ability to work on multiple projects, to prioritize and to meet deadlines.
Interested candidates should apply via the CSHL Careers website at: https://cshl.peopleadmin.com/postings/17816
Position Number 01547-A
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is a world-renowned research and educational institution with programs in cancer, neuroscience, plant biology, genomics and bioinformatics. The Laboratory is recognized internationally for its excellence in research and educational activities. For more information about CSHL, please visit https://www.cshl.edu.
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor