Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL), a world-renowned scientific research organization, seeks a Lodging Manager for our Banbury Conference Center. The Banbury Lodging Manager is a residential (live in) host/ess who ensures guests’ needs are managed professionally, and oversees the quality of the estate’s three residence buildings.
CSHL’s Banbury Center is the small conference center that convenes meetings, for groups of 20 to 30 scientists, recognized internationally as being amongst the world’s best discussion workshops for topics in bioscience research and policy. The Center is situated on a 55-acre estate on the north shore of Long Island, with three buildings used as accommodation for meeting guests as well as a fourth building with offices and the conference room. The estate also includes amenities such as a tennis court, pool, and private beach.
General responsibilities include:
— Provide first-rate hospitality and customer service to Banbury guests.
— Communicate information about the Center, e.g., lodging, meeting schedules, transportation.
— Liaise with Culinary staff regarding menus, dining room set-up, and any special needs.
— Liaise with Housekeeping and other Facilities teams regarding guest needs.
— Liaise with Meetings and Courses program to coordinate additional, event-specific needs.
Banbury conference-specific duties include:
— Welcome and check-in guests in a professional and timely manner.
— Provide general information about the conference schedule.
— Prepare room keys, and arrival packets.
— Maintain coffee stations, including monitoring/requesting supplies.
— Oversee/replenish breakfast buffet as needed.
— Support guests during evening receptions and meals
— Regularly attend and actively contribute to Banbury staff meetings.
— Utilize the Center’s relational database for record-keeping.
— Coordinate guest departures, including booking taxis and cars
Resident management responsibilities include:
– Regularly inspect the standards of the estate’s accommodations and amenities.
– Oversee seasonal and event-specific décor.
– Use good judgement to request urgent and non-urgent maintenance support.
– Regularly meet with Banbury director to discuss residences quality and needs
– Liaise with Housekeeping, Grounds, and other Facilities teams to ensure quality accommodations.
– Liaise with Banbury director and Security on issues involving improper use of the estate.
Position RequirementsEDUCATION: High school diploma required.
EXPERIENCE: 2-5 years’ hospitality experience (a hospitality-related degree may be considered in place of experience).
– Excellent communication skills, especially in-person/verbal
– Quality customer service mentality
– Attention to detail
– Strong organizational skills
– Discretion, confidence, and diplomacy in dealing with people
– Proficient in making effective decisions and problem-solving
– Ability to multitask
– Competent in Microsoft Office and CRM software or events management systems
– Prior training in basic first aid preferred. Training will be given if needed.
To be considered candidates must apply for this position via the CSHL website at: https://cshl.peopleadmin.com/postings/18029
Position Number: 02895-R
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
For more information about CSHL, please visit us at www.cshl.edu.
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor