Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory’s DNA Learning Center (DNALC) is currently seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to work in a busy environment at its flagship location in Cold Spring Harbor. The DNALC is the world’s first science center devoted entirely to genetics education, and is a destination for school field trips, summer camps and programs for the general public.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
– Answering phones
– Meeting and greeting teachers, students, and visitors
– Overseeing building maintenance
– Maintaining and purchasing office supplies
– Assisting with special projects including mailings, marketing, proofreading and editing
– Maintaining a master calendar, schedules, attendance lists, and follow-ups for programs
– Booking school reservations and invoicing
– Data collection and entry, filing
– Periodic visitation reports
– Financial management: income, payments, budgets, reports
Position RequirementsThe ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, be proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook, have a minimum of five years of customer service or office experience, and must feel comfortable working in a lively environment with lots of social interaction. Strong organizational and personal skills, and the ability to multi-task are required. There is growth opportunity for successful candidates.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
For immediate consideration, please apply for this position online at:
Position Number: 00522-E
For more information about the DNALC, browse our website at dnalc.cshl.edu.
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor