Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, a world-renowned scientific research facility on Long Island’s North Shore, has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced accountant to join our Grants Management team. The successful candidate must be well organized and possess exceptional interpersonal skills. Experience in public accounting would be beneficial.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Labor distribution and associated cost transfers
– Journal entry preparation
– Assisting in month-end close
– Assisting with financial analysis and other reporting
– Assisting with the year-end audit and annual report
– Monthly review and tracking of award and gift receivables
– Analysis, review and allocation of shared building expenses
– Sub award invoicing, monitoring and risk assessment
– Award set-up
– Effort reporting compliance
Position RequirementsThe successful candidate must possess:
– Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting required. Master’s degree a plus
– Grant experience preferred, but not required
Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites
– Current CPA license or eligibility to take the NY State CPA exam a plus
– Audit and Not-for-Profit experience a plus
Please apply for this position via the CSHL website at:
Position Number: 01568-A
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Founded in 1890, CSHL has helped shape contemporary biomedical research and education with today’s research endeavors encompassing cancer, neuroscience, plant biology and quantitative biology. CSHL is a private, not-for-profit institution in New York and has been home to eight Nobel Prize winners. Today, CSHL’s multidisciplinary scientific community is bolstered by more than 600 researchers and its Scientific Meetings & Courses Program, which hosts more than 9,000 scientists from around the world each year on its campus.
For more information about CSHL, please visit us at www.cshl.edu.
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor