CITY OF WAUKESHA
An Equal Opportunity Employer Functioning Under an Affirmative Action Plan
Waukesha Parks, Recreation & Forestry
Required: High school diploma or GED equivalent
Hourly rate: $12.75 starting, 2nd shift $1/hour premium
Seasonal: April through September, weekdays and/or weekends, 1st and/or 2nd shifts
Must be 18 years of age or older and able to lift up to 50 pounds. Must be able to complete work assignments by working independently or without direct supervision. Must demonstrate proper public relations skills. Must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record. Potential for limited year-round employment.
Parks Maintenance –
· Performs all aspects of grounds maintenance including turf and plant material installation and maintenance, maintenance of athletic fields, set up and maintenance of playground equipment, custodial duties, and rubbish collection.
· Use hand and power tools, operate power mowers, string trimmers, gas hedge shears, tractors, trucks and other green industry related equipment.
· Assist with special events set up and clean up.
Buildings Maintenance –
· Performs buildings maintenance duties in the City’s buildings, parks or other properties to include but not limited to janitorial duties, painting, and general building maintenance.
- Maintenance and thorough cleaning of restrooms, park shelters and other facilities.
- Opening and closing of park shelter restrooms.
- Painting signs and interiors and exteriors of buildings.
- Assist with special events set up and clean up.
Forestry Maintenance –
· Assist the Arborists in in all aspects of urban forestry work including: tree planting, pruning, removals, chipping brush, diagnostics and treatment.
Applicants MUST complete a City of Waukesha seasonal application. Mail to City of Waukesha Parks, Recreation & Forestry, 1900 Aviation Dr., Waukesha, WI 53188 or fax (262) 524-3713 or email email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.
Application form available at http://www.waukesha-wi.gov/314/Employment-Openings or at the Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer