The Massillon Civil Service Commission will conduct a competitive examination for the position of Registered Environmental Health Sanitarian / Environmental Health Sanitarian- In-Training in the Massillon Health Department. Date to be determined.
Please complete an online application at:
Upon completion of the application you will receive an email from Civil Service detailing what documentation is needed to sit for the exam.
- Plans, organizes and conducts inspections for all programs within the Environmental Health Division of the Health Department
- Food service, private water systems (PWS), sewage treatment systems (STS), animal bites, public swimming pools, tattoo and body art, solid waste, school environment, vending, vector control, community health group, public health emergencies, smoke free Ohio
- Conducts educational presentations and materials to promote satisfactory and improved environmental practices
- Assists with accreditation duties, committees and work groups
- Assists with COVID-19 response
- Prepares and documents inspections and properly maintains files and records
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Other duties as assigned by management
Monday – Friday from 8:30 Am – 4:30 PM
$18.22 t0 $19.68 / hour
- Must possess a Bachelor Degree
- Must possess or be in process of a R*egistered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS) OR Environmental Health Specialist-in-T*raining (EHST) certificate
- Valid Driver’s License
- Basic Computer Skills including Microsoft Word/Excel
- Must meet the educational requirements set forth by the Ohio Sanitarian Board – ORC 4736
Civil Service Examination: Upon confirmation of meeting the qualification of the position, candidates will be required to compete by Civil Service examination to be considered.
The minimum passing score is 70%. An eligibility list will be created from Civil Service Examination. Bonuses are available, up to a total of 20%, for passing scores.
BONUS – Massillon Civil Service is offering bonus for the following;
15% – MILITARY A member in good standing of a reserve component of the armed forces of the US, including National Guard, who successfully completed the members initial entry -level training
20% – MILITARY A member who has been honorably discharged from the uninformed serviced or transferred to the reserve with evidence of satisfactory service and has completed more than 180 days of active duty.
10% – Ohio Department of Agriculture Commercial Applicator License
20% – Documented Water Well / Sewage Experience (2 or more years)
The City of Massillon and Massillon Health Department are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.