The Evanston Health Department is seeking a new team member to assist with the development of its community health assessment and community health improvement plan (EPLAN). This intern will assist with collecting, organizing, and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data on the health and wellbeing of Evanston residents, and will assist with the development of a formal report outlining Evanston’s health priorities.
Duties & Responsibilities
● Compile, analyze, and summarize secondary health and demographic data.
● Analyze and summarize qualitative data, and triangulate with quantitative secondary data.
● Conduct literature reviews, and synthesize findings in written reports.
● Assist in the writing a formal report summarizing the state of health and wellbeing in Evanston.
● Assist in community engagement strategies to gather community member input on health priorities.
● Support partnership building efforts to engage a wide range of stakeholders in the assessment process.
● Assist with facilitation of group discussion with community members, partners, and other stakeholders.
● Participate in community/ stakeholder meetings and take notes.
● Background in public health, social work, or related field. An MPH student or recent grad is preferred.
● Good data collection and analysis skills.
● Strong written and oral communication skills.
● Proficiency with Google Suite/ MS Office.
● Commitment to the principles of health equity.
● Experience using qualitative data analysis software is desirable but not required.
● Experience working with marginalized communities is highly desirable.
● Familiarity/ Knowledge of Evanston and adjacent communities is highly desirable.
Hours and Compensation: This is a full time paid position. Full time preferred but will consider part time applicants who can work 20 hours per week.