The Risk Operations Specialist 3 performs a variety of assignments with limited complexity. Most of the impact is related to the accuracy of tasks performed. Works under general supervision and established procedures. May service a range of products/services. Applies detailed knowledge of a wide range of specialized administrative/technical skills. Understands how duties relate/integrate with others in the team/unit. Exchanges moderately complex information with others. Basic knowledge of the organization and its policies required. Applies experience and simple judgment to make decisions within defined options or standard protocols – follows through on issues. Able to evaluate and select the correct solution in order to complete the task at hand.
- Responsible for executing the day-to-day Ops Control activities.
- Identification and prevention of potential operational gaps.
- Ensure daily follow up of reports extracted from Citi systems. Handling and resolving queries raised by customers/managers;
- Responsible to provide accurate data for analysis to Ops control head/ Management team whenever needed.
- Execute Operational control plan and strategy in conjunction with functional leadership and country business management. To liaise with management to ensure a strong ops controls framework is in place.
- Ensure compliance with global and regional functional policies, procedures and programs relating to operations.
- Manage operations risk and control utilizing key performance indicators. Identification and implementation of control initiatives which add value and enhance performance.
- Conduct periodic reviews and checks to identify process gaps including advisory and ad-hoc projects.
- Evaluate of Significant Control Events (e.g., negative metric trends, operating losses and “at risk” balances, frauds) for area of responsibility including performing deep dives of significant losses and performing root cause analysis of significant control-related issues.
- Maintain excellent relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 1 year experience with banking systems and procedures. Ability to work in Windows environment, proficient in the use of Excel, Access and Word required. Must be extremely organized, have great attention to detail and self-driven Ability to prioritize and multi-task based on urgency of business needs Must have ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment Excellent work ethic is mandatory Must be highly analytical Excellent verbal communication and business writing skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting