Administers all Early Head Start Center Teaching programs to ensure compliance with Head Start Performance Standards, federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and CAA policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Under General Supervision:
1. Implements environmental (seeing, hearing, tasting, smelling, feeling) learning models, which include predictability, repetition, events and social interaction for toddlers.
2. Assists in writing IFSP’s.
3. Implements age-specific reading programs and other programs that promote healthy, accepting attitudes regarding children’s bodies and their functions.
4. Develops and implements instructional programs to encourage parental involvement and self-confidence as their child’s primary source of affection, care, and teaching.
5. Coordinates, schedules and documents parent-teacher conferences and home visits.
6. Maintains environmental safety checklists and operational and safe equipment and materials.
7. Maintains records for each child, including immunization status.
8. Provides advice and training to teacher assistants and volunteers.
9. Participates in staff meetings, training sessions, conferences, workshops and other career development and professional activities.
10. Recruits and registers children to comply with Head Start Standards.
11. Facilitates planning and implementation of transition process for children/families.
12. Administers teaching programs with high quality service and confidentiality for Head Start children and families.
This is a list of primary job functions. Other duties may be assigned
as necessary for the successful operation of the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
The incumbent must have:
1. An Associate degree in Early Childhood Development or a related field from an accredited college or university, or a Child Development Associate (CDA) Certificate with an infant designation; a Bachelors degree in Early Childhood Development, or related field, is preferred.
2. Minimum two (2) years of teaching experience.
3. One (1) year of customer service experience.
4. Proficiency of computer experience in Microsoft Office applications.
5. Experience working with diverse populations, including low to moderate-income families.
6. A valid driver’s license.
7. Ability to analyze and interpret data and to handle problem resolution.
8. Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties.
9. Willingness to accommodate planned and unplanned travel to and from Head Start Center and other C-HCCAA or meeting/conference locations, including overnight and/or out of town travel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Includes both a typical classroom environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, and occasional local travel, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards.
a. Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment;
b. Walk, bend, kneel, and reach;
c. Lift a 10-30 lb. child, using all safety precautions;
d. Stand, sit, and play with infants for long periods of time;
e. Change diapers;
f. Conduct both outdoor and indoor activities, in both warm and cold temperatures;
g. Talk, hear, and communicate with parents;
h. See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents.
Reports to: Site Manager
Cincinnati-Hamilton County Community Action Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Functions, Qualifications, Requirements and Physical Demands listed in this job description represent the essential functions of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform either with or without reasonable accommodation. The listed Job Functions do not necessarily include all activities that the incumbent may perform.
Your employment with the Cincinnati-Hamilton County Community Action Agency is entered into voluntarily or “at-will,” meaning that both you and the employer may end the employment relationship with or without reason, cause or notice. You are free to terminate your employment at any time, with or without cause. Similarly, C-HCCAA has the right to terminate the employee’s employment, or otherwise alter an employee’s position, duties, title or compensation at any time, with or without cause or notice. Therefore, the only employment relationship that exists is one terminable at will by either the employee or C‑HCCAA.