We currently have positions available in all elementary grade levels PK-6.
TEACHER – ELEMENTARY
FLSA Status: Exempt Created: 10/2010
Last Revised: 6/2014
The teacher will implement into daily student instruction, appropriate educational
curriculum. The teacher will create and maintain an educational atmosphere that
encourages effective student learning and supports school and district programs.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
The teacher reports directly to the site administrator.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Performance of these functions is the reason the job
exists. Assigned job tasks/duties are not limited to the essential functions).
- Administer appropriate district curriculum which is aligned with Nevada State standards and conforms to district guidelines.
- Evaluate student performance by observing and appraising individual progress, within assessment regulations and guidelines, in order to identify learning problems; modify and/or provide appropriate instruction with the assistance of district specialists as necessary.
- Analyze student progress and provide appropriate instruction.
- Ensure assessment regulations and guidelines are followed at all times.
- Work professionally and collaboratively with administration, staff, parents, and community.
- Facilitate the personal, social, and intellectual development of students.
- Create and maintain a positive, orderly, and academically focused learning environment and respond to the individual needs of students.
- Plan and implement effective lessons; using time, materials and resources effectively.
- Motivate students through effective communication and evaluative feedback.
- Display a thorough knowledge of curriculum and subject matter.
- Provide classroom management and discipline that ensures safety at all times.
- Maintain accurate and complete records in order to remain compliant with applicable law(s), district policy and administrative regulation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (KSAs are the attributes required to perform a
job; generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or
- Principles and methods of teaching and instruction for individuals and groups of
- elementary school-aged children.
- Principles and practices of effective student learning techniques, including
- effective teaching techniques and strategies in area of specialization; lesson
- planning and available instructional media.
- Principles and methods for the design of curriculum, modern techniques for
- classroom assessment and measurement of their effects.
- Subjects included in the curriculum for the area of assignment.
- Learning and motivation theory, including human behavior and performance,
- individual differences in ability, personality and interests.
- Methods for assessing behavior, including recognition of affective disorders.
- Computer applications and hardware used in the assigned area.
- Education code, board rules, district policies, and operating procedures.
- Develop lessons, units and projects consistent with District curriculum goals and
- Communicate effectively both written and orally.
- Participate as a collaborative member with other faculty and staff.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects.
- Plan, assess, develop, implement and evaluate comprehensive elementary
- education services and programs, including assessment/evaluation tools.
- Work cooperatively with students, parents, peers, administration, and community
- Guide the learning process toward achievement of curriculum and student goals.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and strategies aligned with
- instructional objectives, in order to meet the needs of all students.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law and district policy.
- Maintain and improve professional competence through continued education and
Experience and Training Guidelines: Any combination of training, education, and
experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. A typical
way to gain the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university with major coursework in
education or a related field.
Required Certifications and Licenses:
Must possess or be able to acquire a Nevada teaching license issued by the Nevada
Department of Education with endorsement in relevant subject area.
Physical and Mental/Intellectual Requirements: The physical and mental/intellectual
requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Strength, dexterity, and coordination to use keyboard and video display terminal for
prolonged periods. Strength and stamina to bend, stoop, sit, and stand for long periods
of time. Dexterity and coordination to handle files and single pieces of paper;
occasional lifting of files, stacks of paper or reports, references, and other materials.
Some reaching for items above and below desk level. Some reaching, bending,
squatting, and stooping to access files and records is necessary. The manual dexterity
and cognitive ability to operate a personal computer using word processing and
databases. The ability to interact professionally, communicate effectively, and
exchange information accurately with all internal and external customers. Light lifting
(up to 25 pounds) is occasionally required.
Please see chart below indicating specific physical requirements.
In compliance with applicable disability laws, reasonable accommodations may be
provided for qualified individuals with a disability who require and request such
accommodations. Applicants and incumbents are encouraged to discuss potential
accommodations with the employer.
- Work is performed under the following conditions:
- Exposure to climate controlled classroom settings to outside weather with temperatures ranging from mild/moderate to extreme cold/heat.
- May involve exposure to noise levels ranging from moderate to very loud and occasional to frequent time periods.
- May involve work in crowded environments.
- Hazards: Classroom furniture, playground/office equipment, communicable diseases, chemicals (as related to specific assignment), and power/hand operated equipment and machinery (as related to specific assignment).
Job Description Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OB7PvGO3W0wmyDqJUgppYPD6vJU6jTZ9/view