Under limited supervision, primary responsibility is to underwrite individual risks in the INSERT LINE OF BUSINESS in our INNSERT HIRING DEPARTMENT.
• Fundamentals of coverage, terms and conditions. Ability to offer coverage, terms and conditions which generate a profit for the Company while meeting the needs of the customer.
• Risk Assessment. Ability to identify risk exposures, special or common hazards, and appropriate controls. Ability to select risk based on exposure and risk analysis. Ability to analyze claims and quantify losses.
• Financial proficiency. Understanding of financial statements and ratios used in risk analysis. Understanding of insurance financial fundamentals; impact of underwriting decisions on company assets. Ability to understand credit risk.
• Actuarial fundamentals. Ability to understand loss trends, loss triangles, and ratemaking. Ability to quantify risk based on experience history and forecasting methods.
• Marketing and Communications. Ability to sell and negotiate to achieve bottom line profitability for the Company. Ability to make presentations and communicate articulately. Ability to base communications on strategic thinking. Ability to manage producer strategy.
• Systems and programs. Ability to use systems and software programs needed to conduct daily business.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Solicits new and renewal submissions from brokers
• Determines terms and conditions and complex rating plans
• Binds coverage
• Documents the underwriting files
• Handles more complex files and portfolios within underwriting authority
• 3-5 years underwriting experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• Knowledge of insurance industry
• Knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures
• Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Internet usage
• Oral and written communication skills
• Negotiation skills
• Marketing skills