Chubb is currently recruiting for a Construction Surety Underwriter in Los Angeles. The Los Angeles office manages a territory that includes the following geographic locations Southern California, Arizona and Southern Nevada.
The Construction Surety Underwriter is accountable for managing and underwriting a portfolio of construction surety accounts with limited oversight, as well as developing and maintaining agency and broker relationships within territory to generate new business opportunities.
• Operates under the dual underwriting structure to support the underwriting process by providing intelligent, well thought out recommendations through the use of financial and contract analysis as well as knowledge of industry trends and external economic factors.
• Enhances Chubb’s presence in assigned territories and works with others to generate new business opportunities via relationship building with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Markets and prospects for new business by travelling throughout the assigned territory. Expected travel for meetings with producers, customers, and industry events is 30-40% of the time.
• Delivers timely quality service to customers, by anticipating customer needs and demonstrating knowledge of the competitive environment.
• Exchanges information (written and oral) in a way that produces the desired effect or outcome.
• 3 to 5 years minimum surety underwriting (or comparable) work experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• Knowledge of surety industry
• Knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Passion for marketing and relationship building
• Takes initiative to meet and exceed goals with limited oversight
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.