Your growth is our priority. Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters Health System (CHKD) is the comprehensive pediatric health system serving the needs of families throughout southeastern Virginia, northeastern North Carolina, and beyond.
More than a hospital. We operate a 206-bed freestanding children’s hospital with the region’s only Level I pediatric trauma center along with 45 locations that provide primary care, specialty care, outpatient surgery, urgent care, and support services. Our pediatric mental health facility opening in 2022, will expand on the critical mental health programs that we currently provide. Our team is made up of more than 3,500 employees who are the best of the best in their fields and fulfill our mission to bring state-of-the-art compassionate care to every family who needs us.
We are seeking a compassionate, professional, and caring Director of Physician Services to manage the overall administration of a portion of the Children’s Medical Group team! Utilize your experience in Health System management, private practice business experience and people management skills to grow with us! A high level of independence in the performance of the role and/or solution of problems is expected, however, demonstrated cooperation and collaboration is equally essential for successful functioning. This role covers multiple locations across Hampton Roads, VA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develops departmental goals, objectives, operational policies and procedures.
· Ensures compliance with organizational, policies / procedures and health standard and state / federal regulations.
· Delegates to and supervises personnel, solves problems, makes decisions and develops systems and processes for successful integration and implementation.
· Coaches and mentors staff to ensure professional development.
· Serves as a resource to staff regarding specific skill demonstration, promotion of knowledge and communications.
· Plans and administers, directly and through subordinates, the effective operational management of services and programs.
· Develops and administers departmental budgets and corrects negative variances from expected fiscal outcomes.
· Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments.
· Independently carries out and is accountable for daily operations and other activities as assigned.
LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS
· None required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Ability to prepare reports, policies and budgets at a level normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
· Professional knowledge of areas of responsibility to include theory, practice and administration in order to direct planning and implementation.
· Requires approximately five to seven years progressively more responsible related work experience, three to five of which were in a management role.
· Requires analytical skills necessary to organize and oversee work of subordinates.
We are proud to offer market competitive compensation and benefits, including affordable health, vision, dental, and supplemental insurances, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, and a 401k Retirement Savings plan with organization match. Additional Director level benefits available with this position.
Apply now at www.CHKD.org/Careers
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer EOE/Disability/Vet