The Division of Rheumatology at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is dedicated to improving the safety, quality and health outcomes of children with rheumatic diseases. Led by Clinical Research Director, Pamela Weiss, MD, MSCE, the Rheumatology Research Core is seeking an entry-level Clinical Research Assistant to work alongside a team of three additional clinical research assistants. This position is full-time. The clinical research assistant will provide support in the day-to-day operations of recruiting and enrolling patients for active studies and clinical trials, providing regulatory support and oversight, and abstracting data into local and national databases.
1. Assists the Clinical Research Coordinator and Principal Investigators in all aspects of projects
2. Conducts literature searches and article reviews for protocol implementation and evaluation
3. Assists in developing and overseeing IRB applications, including protocols, informed consent documents, trial registration, and HIPAA forms as well as modifications and renewals
4. Recruits, screens and enrolls subjects into the clinical studies and trials
5. Maintains IRB regulatory documents for assigned protocols
6. Participates in coordinating study visits, assures completion of all study questionnaires and coordinates participant incentives
7. Conducts data abstraction from medical chart reviews, maintenance and storage of data, and analysis of subject information in both local databases and national registries
8. Helps create and manage survey and data collection instruments on REDCap and other platforms as needed
9. Attends weekly meetings of the Rheumatology Research Core and other pertinent project or division related meetings
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform assigned tasks while working under direct supervision.
- Able to work accurately and work well with others.
- Precision and great attention to detail when performing assigned responsibilities is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to coordinate with subjects, team members, other departments and outside institutions
- Effective problem solving/critical thinking skills.
- Highly motivated individual with great time management skills