The Human Resource Intern will assist in running the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department.
● Assist in screening resumes and application forms.
● Assist in job postings on multiple platforms including but not limited to Indeed and ZipRecruiter.
● Assist in conducting or acquiring background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
● Assist in implementing new hire on-boarding and orientation.
● Assist with various project around the office and throughout the organization.
● Help handle employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
● Update company databases by entering new employee contact information and details.
● Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
● Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, and employment law.
● Performs other duties as assigned.
• Position open until filled, requires 3 – 6-month commitment.
• 8 – 12 hours/week, preferably twice a week in the office.