Please note this program is an unpaid global health education program. There is a program fee required to participate. This program fee compensates our instructors fairly. CFHI is a nonprofit organization committed to fair-trade partnerships around the world.
The virtual internship offers undergraduate, pre-health, and graduate-level participants a unique opportunity to “travel” to several countries in 4 weeks, to engage in deep learning around healthcare systems in 5-10 countries. Through seminars and facilitated sessions with CFHI’s wide network of global partners, interns will see how communities in Africa, Asia, and the Americas address their most pressing health challenges.
This internship will incorporate CFHI’s expertise in facilitated competency development and global health topics through live and self-guided trainings, workshops, and seminars to develop foundational skills for careers in Global Health, Public Health, and related fields. Additionally, interns will complete a project and presentation to support the ongoing work of one of our partners. All participants will receive a certificate of completion.
- Competency-informed readings and content
- Access to intercultural training tools through CFHI partner, Aperian Global
- Live and self-paced virtual sessions led by CFHI Global Partners, all experts in local health systems and culture
- Facilitated group reflection sessions with a virtual cohort of interns
- Cultural learning/virtual immersion
- Final presentation and report to synthesize learning
CFHI offers options for students and faculty to fit your interests and schedule. Choose your program duration, or for a comparative experience, choose to participate in multiple programs.
Please contact Robin Young at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.