Please note this program is an unpaid global health education program. There is a program fee required to participate. This program fee compensates our instructors fairly. CFHI is a nonprofit organization committed to fair-trade partnerships around the world.
Global Health + Social Networking + Research = AISquare. An exclusive opportunity to intern for a multi-sector initiative bringing solutions for COVID-19 and other global health challenges through collaborative leadership facilitated by enabling systems including social networking and international bridge building in research and global health spheres. This Virtual Global Health Internship in partnership with AISquare offers students the unique opportunity to explore global and public health issues broadly, while participating in ground-breaking efforts to bring together global researchers, increase accessibility of research findings and nurture cross-discipline collaboration necessary to combat the most pressing Global Health challenges including COVID-19. This internship straddles global health, scientific research, and social network building – uniquely positioning internship graduates with professional skills necessary to be future leaders in healthcare, technology, data science and other fields.
The Virtual Global Health Internship in partnership with AISquare provides opportunities for participants to develop a diverse range of competencies and for personal and professional growth.
By the end of the internship, students will be able to:
- Describe culturally-based business and collaboration practices both as an individual and for US and other nationalities.
- Build essential Global Health cross-cultural effectiveness and adaptability skills.
- Define Global Health and articulate the tenants of Global Health and Public Health.
- Conduct literature reviews on salient topics and build knowledge of key research repositories and databases.
- Gain skills in evaluating research studies, quality of evidence, and applicability.
- Enhance written skills including developing blog posts and increasing the accessibility of scientific findings for audiences worldwide.
- Exhibit progress in developing communication skills that demonstrate respect for and awareness of unique cultures, values, and identities.
Estimated workload for full-time internship: 10-15 hours/week
This internship can be done for academic credit granted by a student’s university or as an extracurricular/enrichment endeavor.
CFHI offers options for students and faculty to fit your interests and schedule. Choose your program duration, or for a comparative experience, choose to participate in multiple programs.
Please contact Robin Young at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.