We are seeking an Associate Research Technician to join our In vivo Technical Sciences Team for our Safety Assessment site located in Shrewsbury, MA.
The Associate Research Technician will collect and record data with supervision in the performance of studies. Responsible for handling and restraining animals, clinical observations, sample collection, monitoring food consumption, animal husbandry, and performing accurate data collection and reporting. Administer test substances by various basic methods.
- Education: High school diploma or General Equivalent Degree (G.E.D.). Associate’s (A.S.) or equivalent in animal or life science or related discipline.
- Experience: 6 months to 1 year of related experience in animal research and/or husbandry preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: ALAT preferred.
- Other: Ability and willingness to be trained to handle common laboratory species and the operation of data collection equipment. Knowledge of GLPs, other federal regulations and guidelines relating to the care of laboratory animals preferred.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 300 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.