High School Mathematics Teacher
We are seeking excellent candidates for the role of high school Mathematics Teacher serving girls and boys in Grades 9-12. Candidates should be compelling educational practitioners who are confident in their capacity to create and deliver a dynamic, engaging and challenging curriculum to high school students. In addition to their teaching assignments, all teaching faculty are expected to contribute to the life of the school community in general.
About Central Catholic
Central Catholic High School is a college preparatory high school in the Diocese of Wheeling Charleston, dedicated to nurturing reflective spirituality, intellectual accomplishment, and social responsibility so that students can reach their God given potential. Rooted in our Catholic tradition and grounded by a caring, dynamic faculty and staff, CCHS strives to create a learning community that inspires honest thinkers, encourages innovation, fosters creativity, and enhances individual talents.
CCHS graduates will have the skills and knowledge to pursue the college and career of their choice, the confidence to be a leader, and the social conscience and compassionate heart to advocate for social justice in our world. Ultimately, a CCHS education prepares students to live a life where they “Think and Act Like Christ.”
We are expecting to go 5 days a week in person starting 8/16/21
To be considered, candidates should submit a resume and cover letter displaying their qualifications in the following areas:
- Requires an undergraduate degree in the field of study, a Masters degree is strongly preferred.
- Certification in secondary mathematics
- Independent and collaborative leadership is required as well as effective communication skills.
- Teachers at Central Catholic are confident and creative educational practitioners who have the ability to develop, curate and deliver courses in the school’s curriculum, including coursework related to Advanced Placement courses.
- Candidates should have excellent writing and communication skills.
- History of collegiality and collaboration with other teachers and administrators.
- Ability to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of students with diverse learning profiles.
- Innovative, creative, and flexible teaching style.
- Understanding the developmental needs of students and how they learn best.
- Requires demonstrated and direct experience using a wide range of instructional technology tools including iPads, laptops, and Google Apps.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and willing to take initiative.
- Must have excellent teamwork skills and the ability to work well with students and adults.
- Must be a role model and maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Experience with Catholic schools is strongly preferred.
Hello, my name is Tom Perdziola, I am the chairman of the math department at Central Catholic in the diocese of Wheeling we currently have an opening for a secondary mathematics teacher. Below is a description of the position if interested please contact me