Catlin Gabel School seeks to employ the best qualified individuals from available applicants and to provide them with opportunity for advancement in a manner that does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal equal employment opportunity laws or regulations.
The School believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to the school’s success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his or her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
The Kindergarten Teaching Assistant supports teachers and children in the classroom, outdoors, and in specialist classes and helps to create an inclusive learning environment for Kindergarten students. The Assistant also works in After School Programs before and after school and on days when regular classes are not in session, with scheduling and direction provided by the ASP Director.
• Assist with supervision of children in the classroom, outdoors, and in specialist classes
• Provide careful and concentrated supervision of children to ensure safety and learning
• Provide an inclusive, caring environment with respect to children’s individual differences
• Assist with preparation and care of materials
• Assist with care and maintenance of the classroom environment
• Participate in planning lessons and activities as requested
• Provide care before and after school and on days when regular classes are not in session
• Pursue professional learning opportunities, including 15 hours of professional development every year
• Attend orientations, staff meetings, and training sessions if assigned
• Maintain current certifications for Oregon Child Care Division Central Background Registry, Food Handler, CPR/First Aid certifications, and professional development hours in Oregon Registry Online (ORO)
Please apply at: https://catlin.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
If you would like assistance to apply, please contact HumanResources@catlin.edu