Purpose: To maintain the physical functions of the campus facility
Classification: Physical Plant, Non-Exempt/Bargaining Unit
Supervises: Student Workers
Reports To: Manager of Construction Projects & Facilities
Principal Working Relationships: Manager of Construction Projects & Facilities, Associate Vice President of Administrative Services, and staff
- Maintain and service all HVAC systems.
- Maintain and service the plumbing systems.
- Maintain and service the electrical systems.
- To be available to work in emergency situations or off schedule hours when necessary.
- Paint as required.
- Moving of furniture and equipment.
- Repairs of furniture and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Inventory of parts needed.
- Inventory of air filters needed.
- Maintenance functions in the absence of the Manager of Construction Projects & Facilities.
- Set up of furniture and equipment for special functions.
- Assist with departmental assessment and establishment of key performance indicators based on the strategic plan.
Risk Management and Loss Prevention Activities
- Actively participate in and carry out activities in support of the college’s Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position.
- Monitor conditions, events, and circumstances present in the college operation to avoid potential torts or injuries to students, staff, or the general public, then communicate observations to the appropriate supervisor and/or Risk Management Committee.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the college’s emergency procedures and how to operate emergency phone systems; including internal/external call boxes.
Minimum Necessary Skills, Experience and Educational Background
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Good working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and plumbing skills.
- Should be experienced in the use of power hand tools as well as all tools used regularly in a building maintenance program.
- Should have the ability to understand the inter-relationships between the various aspects of building operating systems.
- Should have a working knowledge of the basic code requirements relating to building maintenance.
- Should have the ability to trouble shoot the facilities operating systems.
- Working knowledge of computer systems and software.
Physical Requirements to Perform Functions
- Able to perform arduous work.
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- Able to work on ladders.
- Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Vision – with/without correction.
- Hearing – perceiving the nature of sounds with/without correction.
Job Conditions and Hazards
- Bloodborne pathogens exposure – category 1
This is a security sensitive position and will require a background check as a pre-employment qualifier.