What Revenue Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Revenue Management in Medical Segment is responsible for developing, communicating and leading the execution of business strategy and customer profitability through pricing and value-capturing activities at both the strategic and tactical levels. Serves as an effective liaison with senior executive management, marketing, sales, finance, legal, and IT.
Key Responsibilities in Role:
- Act as an objective and strategic finance and pricing partner to create financial deal models for Cardinal Health Brand Medical Products pricing proposals and facilitate deal approval process to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Advocate adherence to sound pricing strategies and tactics based on financial deal models; understand key drivers of customer and product profitability; identifies opportunities to drive revenue and profit growth; effectively communicate recommendations to Marketing, Sales, Finance, and senior management to drive informed decision-making regarding customer deal proposals and profitability.
- Participate in the development of category pricing strategy and champion the strategy through the governance function.
- Develop GPO pricing in collaboration with Marketing and Enterprise Contracting in response to GPO RFPs and effectively communicate recommendations to the commercial teams with persuasive data insights.
- Determine pricing for individual customer RFPs and deals in collaboration with Marketing and Sales; and determine appropriate pricing strategy that provides best chance to win business in alignment with category strategy.
- Review and approve pricing proposals based on customer’s eligibility and competitive data.
Accountabilities in Role:
- Perform revenue and margin analysis on current an incremental business. Analyze data to provide insights and deep dive on key customers profitability.
- Perform price benchmarking comparisons from similar sized customer. Leverage guidance for market competitive pricing.
- Perform pricing and value scenarios based on previous analysis. Develop and recommend pricing and analyze impact. Create value recommendations through product mix optimization, rebates and/or other value levers.
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience with pricing processes, systems, and controls and implements as necessary.
- Demonstrates knowledge of customer deal economics, financial modeling, and related pricing strategies.
- Understands market dynamics and competitors. Conducts complex analysis, synthesizes and summarizes implications to business, influencing business partners using analytics and business understanding.
- Bachelors in Math, Finance, or Analytical subjects
- Prefer 4+ years equivalent work experience in related field
- Recent Graduates may also be considered
- Cardinal Health’s Medical Segment has corporate offices in Dublin OH and Mansfield MA.
- This role may work remotely depending on the team’s needs.
- We prefer candidates in the New England Area (Massachusetts, Rhode Island, etc)
What is expected of you and others at this level
- To serve as a governance center of excellence for the pricing of our Cardinal Health Brand portfolio of products. We collaborate with the commercial organizations to develop market competitive proposals in response to GPO and customer requests. We provide the commercial organizations with pricing insights, strategies and recommendations pertaining to all pricing requests in accordance with the financial objective of the Medical Segment.