CampHire is recruiting a Photographer/Videographer to capture summer memories. The Camp Photographer/Videographer is responsible for capturing all the special moments that define the camp experience. This is a role that requires lots of time on your feet, bouncing around camp to document daily activities and camp-wide events. The position works closely with senior leaders to share images with parents and create marketing content that embodies the culture and energy of camp. The ideal candidate has proven photography/video skills, editing skills, and a passion for working with kids.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Capture photos and videos of all aspects of camp life including sports, swimming, dining, bunk life, trip days, evening activities, and camp-wide events
- Collaborate with camp staff to facilitate photo opportunities that capture meaningful camp moments
- Take staged portraits of cabins, sports teams, staff groups, sibling photos etc.
- Edit and upload footage to camp database on a regular basis
- Post photos to camp blog, social media channels, website, and parent portal
- Produce slideshows and videos for mid-summer and end-of summer retrospective
- Partner with Camp Director to create marketing content for perspective campers
- Create relationships with campers and staff to build trust and create an authentic environment
- Be positive and approachable to help campers feel comfortable being photographed
- Exhibit good judgement and ability to gauge appropriate moments to document. Ensure behavior captured in footage reflects safety, inclusivity, and fun.
- Must understand how to capture quality footage in all lighting, setting, and weather (angles, candid, action, indoor/outdoor etc)
- Must be a competent editor with a strong understanding of how to use editing tools
- Photography/Videography degree preferred
- Camp experience preferred
Compensation & Perks
Competitive salary based on experience and background. Semi-private onsite housing provided.
About Kamp Kohut
Our mission is to provide a safe, warm, inviting, exciting, fun place where children feel accepted for who they are and supported as they are challenged to become the best they can be. We strive to achieve an unparalleled quality of camp experience, providing young people with the opportunity to grow both emotionally and skillfully in a wholesome, healthy, respectful, kind, positive, tolerant and naturally beautiful setting, thereby acquiring a lifetime of skills, friendships, and memories. Kamp Kohut is located just minutes from Portland on the stunning Maine coast.
CampHire is a recruitment partner for top-tier summer camps in the US. We have access to hundreds of camp positions from counselors to nurses and everything in between. We believe camp is the best a summer job has to offer and are proving that no matter what career you want, it starts with camp. Bluer skies await. Claim your bunk.
CampHire is a recruitment partner for summer camps. Visit camphire.com for more information.