CampHire is recruiting top talent to work at premier overnight summer camps in the Northeast. If you are looking to jumpstart your career, and are passionate about the outdoors, this is the job for you. We are seeking adventure enthusiasts to lead activities in outdoor exploration roles. Counselors split time between leading classes and daily bunk responsibilities.
This position provides the opportunity to develop core skills related to communication, mentorship, problem solving, and people management. The ideal candidate is someone who wants to grow professionally and gain valuable skills to build their resume in a fun and supportive camp environment.
CampHire partners with you to find the best camp position based on your skills, interests, and personal career goals. The position can be customized to earn internship college credit and/or fulfill required field experience hours.
We are hiring outdoor specialists in the following areas:
- Ropes Course / Climbing Wall
- Pioneering (ropes, wood, navigation, trip leading -overnights)
- Mountain Biking
- Nature/ animal care
Roles & Responsibilities
- Teach outdoor adventure skills to campers of all ages and abilities.
- Supervise, care for, and mentor a bunk of 12-15 campers.
- Partner with co-counselors to create a fun and safe environment for campers.
- Plan creative events and lead day-to-day bunk activities.
- Embrace camp values and model behaviors that reflect respect, kindness, and community.
- Leverage problem solving skills to manage camper challenges and ongoing needs.
- Guide campers as they navigate social dynamics and develop interpersonal relationships.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Proficient in belay and knot tying preferred.
- Project Adventure certification or equivalent ropes course certification preferred.
- CPR & First Aid certification preferred.
- Experience working with youth preferred.
Compensation & Perks
Competitive salary based on experience and background. Housing provided in shared cabins with campers. All meals included.
About Camp Modin
Located on a private, unspoiled lake, campers from around the world, ages 7-16, enjoy a community-oriented environment in which they can learn, grow and develop lifelong friendships. Our warm, nurturing and welcoming environment helps campers to assimilate quickly into the Modin family. Our philosophy is to know and understand each child individually, build a sense of community, and provide an awareness of Jewish identity.
CampHire is a recruitment partner for top-tier summer camps in the US. We have access to hundreds of camp positions from counselors to nurses and everything in between. We believe camp is the best a summer job has to offer and are proving that no matter what career you want, it starts with camp. Bluer skies await. Claim your bunk.
CampHire is a recruitment partner for summer camps. Visit camphire.com for more information.