CampHire is recruiting gymnastics enthusiasts to work at premier overnight summer camps in the Northeast. If you’ve competed in gymnastics, and are looking to jumpstart your career at camp, this is the job for you. We are seeking gymnastics experts who are comfortable coaching campers of all ages and skill levels. Counselors split time between gymnastics and daily bunk activities.
This position provides the opportunity to develop core skills related to communication, mentorship, problem solving, and people management. The ideal candidate is someone who wants to grow professionally and gain valuable skills to build their resume in a fun and supportive camp environment.
CampHire partners with you to find the best camp position based on your skills, interests, and personal career goals. The position can be customized to earn internship college credit and/or fulfill required field experience hours.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Supervise, care for, and mentor a bunk of 12-15 campers.
- Partner with co-counselors to create a fun and safe environment for campers.
- Plan creative events and lead day-to-day bunk activities.
- Embrace camp values and model behaviors that reflect respect, kindness, and community.
- Leverage problem solving skills to manage camper challenges and ongoing needs.
- Guide campers as they navigate social dynamics and develop interpersonal relationships.
- Conduct group training and instruction to teach campers of all ages and abilities.
- Assist beginners in learning and remembering routines.
- Ensure safety of campers.
- Inspect equipment on a daily basis to ensure equipment is in safe working order.
- Choreograph routines for performances
- Coach gymnastics team in inter-camp competitions
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Gymnastics experience required (high school, college, club team)
- Experience working with youth preferred.
Compensation & Perks
Competitive salary based on experience and background. Housing provided in shared cabins with campers. All meals included.
About Camp Matoaka
Located on a sprawling lake in Central Maine, Camp Matoaka is more than just a camp. We are a home; a place where our girls return summer after summer. This is why our campers live 10 months for 2, and can’t wait to be part of that special blend of adventure, spirit, friendship, and fun!
CampHire is a recruitment partner for top-tier summer camps in the US. We have access to hundreds of camp positions from counselors to nurses and everything in between. We believe camp is the best a summer job has to offer and are proving that no matter what career you want, it starts with camp. Bluer skies await. Claim your bunk.
CampHire is a recruitment partner for summer camps. Visit camphire.com for more information.