CAMP RIM ROCK for GIRLS
Experienced riders to provide English riding instruction in ring lessons, trail riding, river rides, and stable management up to 6 lessons per day. Work on a team to provide general care to the horses, tack, barns, and stalls. Assist other counselors in caring for children in the unit in which you live, when not at the barn. To apply and for more information, visit our website: www.camprimrock.com or email Margaret@camprimrock.com
SUMMER CAMP EMPLOYMENT DATES:
Beginning of June through the Middle of August
Camp Rim Rock is one of the best overnight camps for girls in the country. Camp Rim Rock is situated on 500 acres and is located less than 2 hours from Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C. Our campers range in ages from 6 to 15.
You’ll have a fantastic time at Camp Rim Rock if you have an outgoing personality, a good sense of humor, strong teaching skills in your activity area, good leadership ability, and experience in supervising and instructing children. It is also essential that staff members be strong role models for our campers. And because we’re working with kids, we have strict policies in many areas including alcohol, smoking, curfew, etc. While it is preferable that our staff members have some experience working with children, this is not a prerequisite. Many program areas require skills and certifications to safely operate and this is a priority. Salary is competitive.
MANY SUMMER CAMP JOBS AVAILABLE!
Here is a list of positions that you can apply for: Horseback Riding, Arts & Crafts, Tennis, Basketball, Volleyball, Softball, Soccer, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Football, Rugby, Golf, Archery, Ropes Course, Camp Photographer, Camp Store, Drama, Dance, Chorus, Kayaking, Aquatics, Waterfront, General Counselor, Unit Head, and Activity Heads. If you are compassionate, hard-working, and an excellent role model, we have a job for you! Click here to apply.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Working at camp is the experience of a lifetime. The personal growth, the rewards of working with children, the excitement of an active, diverse community and the close friendships that you form will stay with you long after the summer ends. Working at camp will make you a better person. And that you’ll take with you wherever you go. Many staff members describe their employment at Camp Rim Rock as the BEST summer of their life, and you will too! Visit our Instagram page, YouTube page, and website to get a sneak peek into the life of a counselor at Camp Rim Rock.
- Minimum age of 18
- Applicants must have completed at least one year of college.
- Applicants must be individuals with high moral character and a strong work ethic. Working in camp and counseling children is hard work!
- We expect our staff members to be excellent role models for our campers. Previous experience working with children is preferred. The capacity to provide warm, mature guidance is most important.
- Camp Rim Rock is a non-smoking camp.
- Depending upon the specialty position, certification, if available, may be required. In any event, staff members applying for an instructor position must have extensive personal experience participating in the activity, must have demonstrated expertise in the activity, and ideally, should have experience teaching the activity.
- We pay a competitive salary!
- Travel allowance is available.
- Room, board & laundry services are provided. You have no expenses!
- Nights-off and days-off are scheduled throughout the summer.
- Internet Access. Stay in touch with family and friends!
- Our top caliber staff is recruited from across the world and provides a unique social experience for our counselors and supervisors.
- Working at Camp Rim Rock is the experience of a lifetime. The personal growth, the rewards of working with children, the excitement of an active, diverse community and the close friendships that you form will stay with you long after the summer ends.
- For more information about Camp Rim Rock click here.