We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our fast-growing data team. As a Software Engineer at C4ADS, you will be responsible for managing various development projects for public applications and creating new tools for analysis and information distribution for the rest of C4ADS. The ideal candidate has experience building full-stack development projects from the ground up and is able to work with all types of structured and unstructured data. We are looking for people who are creative, passionate programmers willing to learn new skills and techniques to get the job done. Software Engineers are expected to demonstrate a high level of independence with their projects, acting in a coordination role with external contractors to complete development sprints on large projects. You will quickly gain practical skills through hands-on experience and will have the opportunity to expand your professional network—all in addition to a joyful work environment with generous benefits and flexible hours. Read more about the role and requirements below.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage development projects for internal and public facing web applications.
- Coordinate project activities related to software development between C4ADS employees (designers, content creators, analysts, data scientists) and external consultants used to extend capacity (developers, testers, wireframe designers) to ensure that all development needs are met.
- Maintain documentation for software projects and ensure the project tasks are tracked appropriately and timelines are met.
- Create and maintain tools for analysis and information distribution.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements like automating manual workflows, optimizing data delivery, re-designing existing application infrastructure for greater scalability and performance, etc.
- Work with stakeholders, including both external partners and internal teams, to understand and support their project needs.
- Assist the data team with optimizing and improving existing resources and tools.
What We’re Looking For:
- A degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, or any other relevant degree or certification.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to design and create full-stack web development projects.
- Experience managing projects with git and working on development in a team environment.
- Experience with cloud services like AWS.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
- A strong commitment to personal and professional development.
Bonus Points For
- Knowledge of good infrastructure automation practices.
- Strong UI/UX design skills.
- Experience with graph database platforms: Neo4j, Neptune, etc.
- Experience using Python and libraries like pandas and numpy for data processing.
- Experience with big data tools: Spark, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience with geospatial data analysis: PostGIS, ArcGIS/QGis, GeoMesa, etc.
- Proficiency in Golang, C++, and/or Java.
- Experience deploying and managing containerized applications: Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
How We’ll Reward You:
- $80,000 salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Voluntary 401k program
- Generous vacation and flex time that focuses on the work, not hours
- Professional development programs that allow you to customize your own courses and build your own development path
- A generous education stipend to continue learning new skills and languages
- A passionate team that values hard work and is serious about building and maintaining a great culture