TLC is a transitional living community for mentally challenged homeless women. Case Managers work with other staff to ensure that our clients are prepared for permanent housing by developing rapport with clients, conducting intake procedures, scheduling case management meetings, and helping clients to build their personal social and economic safety nets.
- Provide vocational training that focuses on the development of skills and attitudes conducive to seeking and retaining employment. This includes: guiding TLC clients to pursue intensified training in particular areas consistent with their strengths and interests while identifying and working with clients on obstacles which may affect the achievement of goals, and providing individual and group counseling and support for resume and cover letter creation, interview preparation, computer skills training, and workplace etiquette, as well as provide referrals to external training programs, internships, and employment opportunities.
- Provide access and referrals to educational services designed to help clients improve literacy and general academic skills with the goal of increasing the attainment of high school General Equivalency Diplomas (GED) and enrollment in secondary institutions. Provide individual and group counseling and support for tutoring, exam preparation, and study skill enhancement, as needed.
- Maintain a caseload of a minimum of 10 TLC clients per month and write progress notes for all group and individual contacts for documentation in client’ charts. Progress notes are to include participation, patterns of attendance, interpersonal behavior, response to modalities, and progress toward goals. Maintain Daily Activity sheets, complete quarterly Voc/Ed treatment plans; and complete monthly, quarterly, and annual Voc/Ed reports.
- Interface with Adult Rehabilitation Services Job Developers and make job opportunities available and accessible to Voc/Ed Program consumers. Work toward increasing employment outcomes for the Voc/Ed Program and all TLC clients.
- Coordinate with TLC staff regarding the progress, case management, and treatment planning of clients participating in the Vocational/Educational Program through individual communications and weekly staff meetings.
- Participate in agency wide groups and meetings as required.
- Assist with development of funding proposals as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the TLC Program Director.
- Job includes working from Tuesday-Saturday some evenings as needed
- Minimum BSW or BA in Human Services related field, with a minimum of one year experience with homeless and/or disabled populations.
- Experience with mentally disabled individuals preferable OR five years’ experience with homeless/severely and persistently mentally ill populations, preferably in a residential setting.