The Patient Navigator for Targeted Prevention Supportive Services (TPSS) department will provide clients with Navigation, assure continuity of care and follow-up of clients while providing access to services that will increase independence and self-sufficiency and improve the client’s quality of life. Patient Navigator will hold a caseload of about 25 to 30 clients who are HIV Positive and or High-risk HIV negative Patient Navigator will escort client to medical appointments, engagement in care and referrals for services. The Patient Navigator is responsible for carrying out tasks needed to execute the individual medical and supportive services plan for each client including administrative tasks.
- Conduct 40-50 HIV testing & counseling, on- and off-site
- Enter client information into charts and databases (AIRS System)
- Log all client’s test in the HIV Testing Roster & AIRS
- Drive the Outreach Mobile Van/RV
- Recruit and enroll 25-30 clients per year into HIV Navigation Services (HNS)
- Case finding, manage caseload of clients who have tested positive for HIV, with main purpose to link them to primary care services
- Manage caseload of client who are high risk HIV Negative unknown with multiple psychiatric and health needs.
- Design and implement service plans for clients; provide follow-up referrals
- Needs assessments, referrals, advocacy, emergency interventions
- Maintenance of case records, discharge and transfer planning
- Communicate with primary care physician to retrieve clients’ CD4 and Viral load data
- Escort clients to various appointments when needed
- Ensuring adherence to confidentiality regulations and HIPAA documentation
- Participate in Team and departmental meetings
- Submit monthly narrative report to Program Director
- Linkage development with local health and social service organizations
- Completing required number of annual training hours
- Facilitate groups and workshops on a continuum basis for HIV Positive and High Risk negative clients on and off site
- Participation in Turning Point activities and events
- Working weekend and evening hours with flexibility as directed by the programs needs
- Assist and drive mobile van occasionally
The following duties are to be performed as assigned by the supervisor:
- Provide intervention services for walk-in clients as needed
- Participate in local HIV Care Network or other coalition meetings
- HIV Streamlined Rapid HIV and Hep. C Testing Knowledge and Experience
- Drive the Mobile RV
- Monitoring the mobile phone GPS social media, engaging clients and linking them to HIV testing, STI/STD screenings and or nPEP and or PrEP. (Twitter, Facebook, Grindr, Scruff, Jack’d, Growlr Etc.)
- Other duties as assigned by management staff
- High School Diploma or GED (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- Preferred certification to perform HIV and Hepatitis C testing and counseling
- Valid NYS Driver’s license
- Must have excellent English written and verbal skills.
- Navigation, intervention or counseling experience
- Basic computer literacy. Spanish speaking is preferred for this position.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, entitlements, substance abuse, and homelessness.
- Knowledge and experience working with AIDS Institute database (AIRS)