Our Early Childhood education program is designed to enhance the physical, social, emotional, cognitive, and language development of young children through high quality educational and social services for themselves and their families. The Educational Director supervises and supports the professional development of teachers, ensures proper implementation of the Creative Curriculum, NYS Common Core Goals and assesses children’s progress by creating a culture of professional learning and development.
- Responsible for meeting contractual obligations of meeting enrollment
- Ensure full compliance with all requirements and conditions of funding and regulatory agencies, including NYC Department of Education (Early Learn) , NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Track and report information documenting utilization of programs and outcomes
- Ensure a safe, happy, and stimulating environment for children.
- Manage and coordinate curricula with staff that complies with state and federal requirements.
- Ensure that center facilities are safe for children and comply with laws and regulations.
- Evaluate and purchase materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Manage and support teaching staff and promote their professional development.
- Interview, hire, and train new staff members, ensuring they meet all policies and legal requirements.
- Complete ongoing training and courses to remain up to date on daycare standards and procedures.
- Communicate and meet with parents regarding their children and the center’s policies.
- Manage and oversee the budget and accounts and ensure that the center remains profitable.
- Develop and facilitate a marketing and communications plan.
- Develop partnerships with volunteers, community organizations, and vendors to develop a wide range of activities according to the curriculum and DOHMH guidelines.
Education/Literacy & Staff Development:
- Provide lesson planning support and educational professional coaching to teachers
- Ensure full implementation of the curriculum.
- Collaborate with teachers to ensure best practices in early childhood literacy. Ensure full utilization of Teaching Strategies Gold to measure children’s progress
- Observe classrooms frequently and develop and implement interventions based on observations
- Plan, develop, and implement staff training and individual staff development plans to ensure quality services
- Monitoring online Google Classrooms and manage hybrid learning tasks, including virtual lessons and communication with families
Community outreach and engagement:
- Develop relationships with families, especially regarding transition planning and community resources
- Conduct outreach to other community programs; develop program linkages; network to ensure broad community awareness of the program, thus achieving full program utilization
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education or Childhood Education
- NYS Permanent Teaching Certification (Birth-2 or N-6)
- Minimum of three years teaching experience
- Demonstrated ability to organize and maintain record-keeping systems
- Collaborate and cooperate as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships with parents
- Fingerprinting, criminal background check, and SCR /PETs background clearance required
- Knowledgeable in NYS Common Core, Creative Curriculum and Teaching Strategies Gold.
- CLASS certification
- Experience with ECERS-R, ITERS-R, FCERS-R
- Familiarity with online systems: WES, Aspire, Protraxx, etc.
- Familiarity with developmental screenings (ESI, Denver, ASQ)
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
· 23 vacation days and 12 sick days annually
· Health insurance with very low monthly contributions
· Dental and vision insurance
· 403(B) retirement plan
· Life insurance 100% paid by employer
· Pre-tax commuter benefits