Brooklyn Community Service is one of Brooklyn’s largest and first non-sectarian social service agencies. Serving more than 20,000 individuals annually, BCS provides a diverse broad range of services including prevention of foster care placement, crisis intervention, early childhood and after school education, vocation training, job placement, and clinical services to adults with physical and developmental disabilities with a history of mental illness.
Youth Stand United (YSU) provides young people, ages 16 – 21, with a healing centered approach to take and pass their GED/TASC while obtaining Job Training and Career Guidance. We offer asset driven strategies to resolve trauma and to sustain a young person’s well-being in one to one sessions and an inclusive group setting. We encourage young people to dream. Services include classroom instruction, work readiness and vocation planning, internships and job placement, 21st century skill building and case management.
The Case Manager will guide youth participants to make sound social and cognitive decisions with mindfulness; as well as improve their progress and overall life outcomes. The Case Manager will work with youth ages 16 – 21 to address their social, emotional and psychological needs and further develop their independent living skills. To achieve this, the Case Manager will focus on the development of a wholesome healthy living approach, catering to the needs of youth that is culturally sensitive. The approach encourages, overall emotional wellbeing and goal attainment.
- Schedule and complete all intakes for incoming participants.
- Conduct Mental Status Examinations utilizing the DSM V to translate presenting issues into diagnosis and intake interviews with incoming students. Coordinate the initial case conference on behalf of participant. Developing treatment plans to address the individual needs of participants within the scope of the program. Coordinate and make presentations at the weekly case management services for participants assigned to ensure comprehensive service delivery.
- Task supervisor for part-time case manager.
- Facilitate group workshops, provide crisis intervention, counseling and conflict resolution
- Accompany participant to mental health appointments
- Conduct home visits when necessary
- Assist participant with obtaining essential documents (e.g. SS card, ID, working papers etc.)
- Meet with Program Director weekly for clinical and administrative supervision. Report to Program Director any issues that are impacting participant’s program participation. Outreach to parents and care takers as a part of a comprehensive service delivery. Meet with parents, care takers and other service providers when issues arise or as requested.
- Provide monthly case management reports to the Program Director. Make contacts with participants on case load for minimum of 4 times per month. Document all meetings for participant’s record.
- Ensure that all attendance and case management information are submitted and filed in participants program records. Work with job development and academic staff in providing comprehensive service delivery.
- Submitting a cover letter is required
- MSW Degree in Social Work or related field
- Must have strong clinical and communication skills along with an understanding of working with the SED population
- Must have understanding of emotional and/or behavioral challenges as well as an understanding of mental health providers or programs
- Fingerprinting and criminal background checks required
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience in working with adolescents
- Excellent judgment and sensitivity to the needs of adolescents
- Bilingual a plus
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
· 23 vacation days and 12 sick days annually
· Health insurance with very low monthly contributions
· Dental and vision insurance
· 403(B) retirement plan
· Life insurance 100% paid by employer
· Pre-tax commuter benefits