Are you looking for a job where you can make a difference in people’s lives? Do you want to work for a company that truly cares about you? At BrightStar Care, we become part of our clients’ lives by providing the highest quality care when they need our help the most. That’s where you can shine. Our employees are our greatest asset, so we are committed to hiring the best in the industry. We are proud to offer you the opportunity to pursue your passion at your own level, on your own schedule, and with the recognition and benefits you need. Come work for us in facility staffing or home care and see how BrightStar Care employees uphold A Higher Standard.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for providing direct skilled client care under the supervision of a registered nurse (RN). Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive client care outcomes.
- Provide direct patient care as defined under the state Nurse Practice Act using sound judgment and critical thinking
- Implement plan of care and treatment initiated by the registered nurse
- Provide accurate, detailed, and timely documentation consistent with the plan of care and the nursing process
- Conduct ongoing assessments
- Participate in health/therapeutic counseling, teaching and emotional support to the client and family/caregivers
- Observe client condition and accurately reports to the registered nurse
- Assist the registered nurse with client discharge or transfer
- Assess and provide client and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis
- Prepare, administer, and appropriately document actions taken specific to commonly prescribed oral, topical, subcutaneous and intramuscular medications. Observe, report, and record adverse reactions to medications and/or treatment to the registered nurse.
- Recognize the need for and institute emergency measures in a rapid and appropriate manner, when indicated
- Participates in coordination of home health services, appropriately reporting the identified needs for other disciplines (i.e., PT, OT, ST, Dietician) to the Director of Nursing or registered nurse supervisor
- Perform wound care
- Perform all skills, treatments and procedures competently in accordance to the scope of practice as defined in the Nurse Practice Act in the state of clinical practice and adheres to the policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduated from a National League of Nursing accredited school of nursing
- Unencumbered license as a Nurse in the state that care is delivered
- One (1) year of nursing experience required; three (3) years nursing experience preferred. Community, home health, or medical/surgical experience preferred.
- Comply with the state nurse practice act
- Comply with accepted professional standards of practice
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Strong clinical skills
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to deal tactfully with clients, other team members and community
- Treat clients, team members and the public with courtesy, respect and presents a positive public image
- Empathy for the needs of the client
- Works as a team member
- Self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision
- Licensed driver with reliable transportation that is insured in accordance with the organization’s requirements
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English and communicate effectively
We show appreciation to our employees by providing the following benefits:
- Above average pay
- Weekly Pay with optional direct deposit
- Flexible schedule with mobile shift access
- Supplemental benefits through Aflac: Accident, Cancer Care, Critical Illness, Dental, Hospital, Life, Short Term Disability, & Vision
- Paid Time Off
- Discount on tuition at Hondros and Fortis
- Lucrative employee referral bonus of $250.00
- Sam’s Club membership discount
- Verizon discount
- Affordable legal services through Legal Shield
- Identity theft protection through ID Shield
- Free Dave Ramsey finance classes
- Employee recognition
- PPE provided at no cost to you
- Work-life balance
- LPNs & LVNs make up to $30.00 per hour, based on experience, skill, and placement (home care or facility staffing)
Our BrightStar Family Values
BrightStar Care is a leading homecare and medical facility staffing franchise organization aimed at providing information, resources, and care to families in need. Our goal is to provide families with peace of mind, while positively impacting our employees. To accomplish this, we live by our core values:
- Make it great – We want to be approachable, fun, unflappable, kind, and empathetic.
- Do the right thing – We help first, are confident yet humble, do things for the greater good, and make a real difference.
- Be open and honest – We are honest, ethical, and tell the truth.
- Do what you say – We’re on time, finish what we start, are accountable for our actions, and take responsibility.
- Serve with passion – We focus on continuous improvement, while exceeding expectations, bringing out the best in others, and being detail oriented.
Our Commitment to Safety
We will equip you with the highest level of training, along with necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) so that you can feel confident and safe when you care for your clients. Available PPE includes gloves, surgical masks, N-95 respirator masks, face shields, googles, hand sanitizer, and gowns. We are reinforcing our commitment to providing the highest quality of safety and care for clients and employees.
All employees are required to undergo a background check, drug testing, and a 1-Step mantoux/TB test, in accordance with applicable laws/regulations. All employees must pass pre-employment testing.
BrightStar Care is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.