The Data Engineer will be responsible for working on a variety of big data challenges that range across a diverse line of business units. The ideal candidate will have a propensity for understanding complex data sets and sources with an ability to extract and distill the data into actionable intelligence.
The candidate will be able to articulate an interpretation of data and associated uncertainty. Specific skills required will be advanced knowledge of Python, Pandas and SQL. This person should have some knowledge of machine learning libraries like Scikit-Learn, Keras, PyTorch or Tensorflow.
This person should consider themselves to be a life-long learner who enjoys acquiring new skills and is always happy to learn from others as well as share knowledge with their co-workers.
- Work on a variety of big data problems using diverse data sets.
- Work independently or in a team, be ready to share ideas, collaborate and learn.
- Develop and maintain web scrapers in python.
- Build and maintain SQL databases.
- Clean, organize and understand large datasets.